Friday, November 30, 2018

Bonifacio Day

My usual during this holiday would be to buy my Christmas gifts so I can tick-off a lot from my list.  The challenge?  I no longer have space to keep my purchases at home.  My Kuya is in the hospital because of a possible stroke induced by diabetes--would need to buy a walker for him to make him mobile.

So, after dropping off Lyn, went to Mercury Drug at Glorietta 3.  The recommended walker is it can be 8x high and two crossbar.  What is available is 5x high and 1 crossbar.  It costs PhP3,500.00.  The one who assisted suggested going to Bambang.

Since there is no detergent, dropped by SM Hypermart for it and Ace Hardware for dog food.  Dropped the detergent at Espiritu for Lyn and proceeded to Bambang.  Wise decision.  We were able buy the recommended walker at PhP1,000.00 (savings of PhP2,500.00!). First time to go to Bambang (passing by Sta. Cruz and Recto--kind of scary).  Bambang is known for selling affordable medical supplies.  The downside?  Traffic.

Went to The Aristocrat for our very late lunch before proceeding to Makati Medical Center to drop the walker we purchased.  Then, proceeded to Glorietta, hoping to continue with my Christmas shopping.  Not successful.

First, bought herbal pads.  One for the eyes (for my dry eyes while I sleep).  One for the neck or back.  From my eyes, would have to heat it.  For my neck (since the doctor provided me an anti-inflammation medicine), it would have to be a cold compress.

For my Christmas shopping, not a success.  The one I wanted to buy has to be checked if it is still on stock.  Will have to get back tomorrow.

Was also thinking of buying a tower fan for our room that would occupy small space.  Checked for Vornado at Rustan's, saw Imarflex at True Value; but bought 3D at Anson's in The Landmark on discount.

Visited my Kuya at the hospital and left home with my niece Camille.

Since my brother was hospitalised last Wednesday, walked from the office to Makati Medical Center to visit him... adding steps to meet my goal.  (wink).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home