Friday, September 25, 2020

Laboratory Tests and Nokia 7.2

 Took a leave today so I would take the laboratory tests requested by my doctor.  Started fasting around 9:30PM last night (you need to fast for 10 to 12 hours).

Went to Makati Medical Center and proceeded to their Nuclear Medicine.  Already filled-up their onine screening form last Wednesday.

Of course, I am in "my PPE" (personal protective equipment).  For face masks: surgical mask, Cambridge N99 mask and another surgical mask to "cover" the N99 mask (the hospital does not allow face masks with valve)--but will still wear my N99 mask, which is much better than N95 mask.  For face shield, my baseball cap with face shield attached.  And my "secret weapon": personal air purifier -- as a necklace and attached to my bag.

I was quick.  Will check the result online later.

Decided to buy another Nokia smartphone to replace my Nokia 5.  Actually, nothing is wrong with my Nokia 5, it is just it's storage is about to be full.  Also, it not advisable to use your SD card as internal memory.  So, off to Glorietta I go.

Waited for the mall to be open as we are already there around 9:45AM.  The mall opens at 10AM.

The Nokia store is still close, so went to SM Makati to buy my "stock" of slippers--my slippers' strap broke last night.  Then went back to the Nokia store.  Was thinking of buying their Nokia 8.1 model but it is no longer available.  So bought their latest instead, a Nokia 7.2.  The unit is on sale (about PhP 3,000.00 off) and it comes with a jacket and a jelly case.

As soon as I arrived, updated the phone's OS and built-in applications.  Downloaded my commonly used applications.  Lo! The phone does not detect my SIM and SD card.  Searched the internet for the troubleshooting: used other SIM, put my SIM to another cellphone, reset network, reset to factory default, etc.  All to no avail.  Talked to their customer care online, suggesting to do the things I already did.  Finally, was advised to return to the seller.

Anyway, the result of my laboratory test is not good but definitely better than last time.  My TSH IRMA is still high (5.19) against the reference range of 0.27-3.75; which is much lower than the 8.34 last August.  My doctor asked me to take 25mcg of Euthyrox an hour before breakfast everyday.  And she asked that I take my other medicines at lunch or at night.  No milk or coffee during breakfast.

Tomorrow, will have another laboratory test.  I don't like to take urinalysis along with my other tests as I do not want to remove "my PPE", particularly my face masks, to drink water at the hospital to provide a specimen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home