Monday, August 10, 2020

Laboratory Tests

We were back to the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) last August 4.  Somehow, wanted to take the laboratory tests for January and February requested by my doctors.  I already knew about the novel #coronavirus then and I am uneasy to go to the hospital to take those tests.

Since everyday we learn something knew about the virus, facilities are putting extra effort to be safe and people are asked to wash hands often, physical distance and wear face covering.  Thus, decided to take the tests today and took my leave.  Already got the LOA from the HMO based in our office, inquired from Makati Medical Center (MMC) regarding the procedure for teleconsulting, etc.

I have to do fasting; thus, I have to be at MMC at least 30 minutes before 9:25AM.  I am wearing surgical mask, a Cambridge N99 face mask and a face shield.  I am also wearing on my neck the Stay Fresh! personal air purifier, and tied to my bag is the ionMi air purifier (there no such thing as too much protection.  Hehehe!)  I have already filled-up the Online Screening Form and showed it to the guard.  My temperature was taken (similar to the ones in the airport).  Proceeded immediately to the Nuclear Medicine.  Everything was processed quickly.

My problem now is how to provide a specimen for the urinalysis.  I do not want to remove my face masks to drink.  So left the hospital and looked for a place outside where I can drink lots of water.  Went back again to catch some specimen and submit it to the laboratory for analysis.

Before walking back home, stopped at SaladStop! to buy salad-to-go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home