Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sgt. Mariano Cemetery

It is Tatay's (+) birthday today.  Will go visit him (and my Nanay) at Sgt. Mariano Cemetery after office.  Have already asked Edgar, the driver, to buy candles.  I have with me my bottle of holy water.

Ensured I would leave the office on the dot, hoping that the rain would not fall.  It did start to drizzle but stopped when we are on the way to the cemetery.

Sgt. Mariano Cemetery is a public cemetery and there are people who actually live there.  It is not really scary; but, what worries me is a possibility of being infected with COVID-19.  Some adults were wearing face masks; but, not the kids.  And some were actually following us to my parents' grave.

No face masks.  Less than 1 meter distance.  Oh, no!  The saving grace is that we are outside.  Hopefully, me and Edgar wearing face masks, face shields and personal air purifier "protected" us.

Just when we are lighting the last of the candles, it started to shower.  Thus, we immediately left towards the car.  Time check: less than 15 minutes contact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home