Thursday, October 03, 2024

Endoscopic Ultrasound

 🙏 Thank You, God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit! 🙏

Today is my schedule for the Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS).  Have to fast for eight (8) hours before the procedure--no food, no fluids.  

The receptionist of the Endoscopy Unit is very accommodating.  She was surprised at the amount supposedly to be covered by my HMO, which is PhP20,000.00.  According to her, the EUS costs about PhP80,000.00.  Boy, was I surprised.  She said, she will try to reach out to my HMO to have it increased. (Thank you.)  I said I am willing to cover the deficit, just in case, as long as the procedure pushes through.

The staff at Makati Medical Center are all nice and efficient.  The nurse who assisted me gave her lozenges because my throat is still aching after the procedure, in spite of drinking warm water.  My bill has been finalized that she cannot include the lozenges added to my bill; thus, she kindly gave me one of her stock.  Praying for her safety and success on her next endeavor (it is her last day today).

And my billing?  My HMO covered the EUS.  And my doctor who is not covered by my HMO split her professional fee in half.  Thank You so much for these miracles. 🙏

After paying my bill, I asked my niece to buy food (Mary Grace baked goods) for my "angels" in the Endoscopy Unit.

Result:  Everything is normal (on the detected lesions in the duodenum during the endoscopy procedure).  The problem with searching through the internet about causes of symptoms or illness, the Big C is always in the list.  Thank You, God, for answering my prayers. 🙏

Since my niece have to pick-up an item at Greenbelt, we decided to also have our early dinner there.  It has to be soft food, I think.  So, we had our dinner at Din Tai Fung at Greenbelt 3.

🙏 Thank you for praying for me, Mama Mary, Saint Joseph, my guardian angel, St. Michael the Archangel, St. Martin de Porres, San Roque, St. Vincent Ferrer, St. Jude, St. Padre Pio, Blessed Dina Belanger, Holy Souls in Purgatory and all saints!!! 🙏

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home