Thursday, September 10, 2026

Book Launch and Signing

Sis Edna of Punto Por Punto (PPP) informed us about the book launching of Fr. Darwin Gitgano today at SMX for the event The 47th Manila International Bookfair.

I plan to leave around 9AM to be in time for the opening.  I was late.  In the group chat set-up by Sis Edna, updates were being shared.  The authors were already being introduced.

When I arrived, I asked where the programme was being held.  I was directed incorrectly to the second floor.  One of the staff of the event helped me find the venue.  Thanks!

At the stage, picture taking of the authors who launched their books were ongoing.  Looked for Rupert to pay and get the shirt I ordered.  This is to support the activities of PPP.  I asked where to buy Fr. Darwin's book.  He pointed to the table beside where we were.  Bought two.  In time, too, for the book signing will begin.  There was a  long queue to have the books they bought to be signed by the authors, most specially for Fr. Darwin's book.  His book signing ended around 1:30 PM.  He will also do a blessing of religious objects after the morning signing.  There is also a signing of the book in the afternoon.

Since I wanted to meet the PPP supporters who were there, I introduced myself.  Met Bro. Roland and Sis Apple.  Also, the free ticket I got from St. Paul's has a stub that shows presenting it I will get freebies.  Went to their booth and directed to one of the priests overseeing the booth.  One gave me the freebies.  Thanks!

Fr. Darwin's book and the freebies

Waited for the blessing by Fr. Darwin.  Then, left SMX to proceed to SM Mall of Asia.  

I went to several jewelry stores for I am interested in buying dangling earrings.  I saw some which interested me, but I am interested in the one I saw online.  I'll be going first to said store.  If I did not find what I like, will have to go back to SM MOA.

Proceeded to One Ayala.  Looked for Sep Vergara.  I was able to buy dangling earrings and crawler earrings.  I saw the dangling earrings online.  I tried it.  Bought a different one.  LOL  It seems for the whole of September is jewelry sale.

Sep Vergara dangling (top) and crawler (bottom) earrings

Time to for late lunch at Hawkers Chan.

Tried other jewelry stores at One Ayala as well at Glorietta.  I bought an 18K white gold earrings as well as a Miraculous Medal pendant at Miladay.  Glorietta has a promo.  Showed my receipts and won chocolates.  LOL

At home, replaced the plastic Miraculous Medal on the necklace that I never removed. Noticed that the Benedictine Cross pendant needs cleaning. Cleaned it.  Will have my necklace with the Benedictine Cross and the Miraculous Medal blessed tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home