Saturday, March 21, 2009

Marathon: Sundo from Moonacre

Woke really early (this is becoming a habit... tsk! tsk!). Have to be at the SM Mall of Asia (MOA) by 5:30AM because of the marathon/walkathon for the benefit of Gawad Kalinga.


The marathon is set to start at 6AM; but since we are there to take images, we have to be early as the photo op is while the participants are preparing for the run. Only a few of us (photographers) arrived, but the runners were already a-plenty.

The 6-kilometer marathon finished early (since we started early). Had a breakfast at McDonald's then proceeded home.

Burned a CD of the images I took during the pilgrimage since I would giving a copy to my friends I'll be meeting later. Also transferred the images I took to my netbook, in case I have time in between my movie marathon to upload them to the internet.


The first in my movie marathon is Sundo. Starring Robin Padilla as a former military man who was able to see spirits when he awoke from a coma. Saved from a tragic accident on his way to Manila along with six other passengers, they fall prey one by one to a series of catastrophic events. Now, the ghosts he sees serve as a warning to those who would be dying next. Sounds like "Final Destination" in terms of those who have cheated death but are now being hunted by Death. There's a twist in the ending.

Since there is still an hour before my next movie, decided to post some of the images I took during the marathon. We are intending that those who wanted the images printed, the income we would be generating would also be donated to the same charity as the marathon.


Next stop is The Secret of Moonacre. With the death of her father, Maria was forced to live in the country with his eccentric uncle. There she discovers a secret world of magic and how she was "called" to save the family/valley.

J.K. Rowling endorsed the book the movie was based on, which inspired her to write the Harry Potter series.

After the movie, attended the anticipated Mass and had dinner at a Venetto Italianni Ristorante.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home