Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Dog Bite

Last night, inadvertently stepped on my niece's dog, Theo.  Boy! did I get a bite.  He bit me at my right calf and other part of my legs (since I am wearing a puruntong).  Washed with soap and water, and put in Betadine on the wounds.

First thing after reaching the office, went to our office's clinic.  The doctor still instructed that I still should have anti-rabies shots even if Theo was shot with anti-rabies.  The Maxicare personnel advised that I better go to Makati Medical Center's emergency room while I am still covered by Maxicare (should have been treated within 24 hours of the dog bite to be covered).  So off I went.

Got 3 shots for two vaccines--one active (on left shoulder) and one passive (on both buttocks).  The passive one costs a lot!  I have to shell out since Maxicare covers only about PhP18,000.00.  I still have to take 4 shots after this.  Took the whole morning at the emergency room

Ate at McDonald's near Makati Medical Center for lunch before proceeding to the office.

My schedule for anti-rabies:

Day 3 October 27
Day 7 October 31
Day 14 November 7
Day 28 November 21

Will have to look for other health provider to do the shots.  Taking it at the emergency room would cost much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home