Saturday, June 27, 2020

Cars

Because of the easing of the quarantine, some businesses are opening again.  Scheduled maintenance of my cars is either past due or due for the month.  So, made appointments.

June 13, I have already made an appointment at Toyota Manila Bay for the preventive maintenance of my Toyota Avanza.  My service advisor is not available as he is stranded in Canada.  Settled my bill and left.  Edgar, the driver, will pick it up later.  Since I am already in the area, decided to go to SM Mall of Asia.  I have been toying with an idea of buying a personal laptop which is faster than my Asus netbook.  Was able to buy one (an Asus laptop) at Octagon Computer Superstore.  Will leave my new personal laptop at the office (bring it home every weekend) as my office-issued laptop is left at home.  Why?  I won't be bringing my office-issued laptop everyday as I use my office desktop in the office.  It is convenient to use messaging applications (both personal and official) using my personal laptop.  And in case the government declares a heavier category of quarantine, I can easily work from home.  Went to St. Paul's for I plan to buy the Holding Cross.  The store is closed.  Was planning to buy food-to-go at The Aristocrat but their branch at MOA is also closed.  So went to their main branch instead.

June 20 is an appointment at Ziebart for my Toyota Avanza.  Settled my bill and left.  Edgar, again, will pick-up the car later.  We would be going to Tita Norma to drop of my early Christmas gift to her.  Tita Josie already received hers months earlier.  It is a personal air purifier that emits negative ions.  It is an additional protection against SARS-CoV-2 virus.  Better that she have it today and use it already instead on December.  Waze helped locate her residence.  After, passed by SM Mall of Asia to buy food-to-go at Max's.

Today, I have an appointment at Honda Makati for the preventive maintenance of my Honda HR-V.  My service advisor is also not available  as they are on shifting schedule--for physical distancing.  Settled my bill and left.  Edgar will pick-up the car later.  This time, I will be going to Glorietta (my favorite mall!) and The Landmark.  My purchases include ink for my printer, measuring glass and spoon, kitchen knife, knife sharpener and water bottle.  There were very few people.  Some stores are still closed.  I wonder how these stores earn...  COVID-19, indeed, has a very big impact as it disrupted people's lives.  And, it was fast shopping for me--I come then go.  It is a lot safer to be outside than inside a building.  If I were to take a public transport, I would choose a non-airconditioned bus than an airconditioned one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home