Saturday, October 05, 2024

First Saturday In The Month Of The Holy Rosary

I am observing the Saturday devotion.  I would be going to the Sto. Niño de Paz Community Chapel (also known as Greenbelt Chapel) for the sacrament of reconciliation.  This Chapel has a daily confession from 8AM to 6PM.  I would also be attending the Saturday Mass to take the communion.

Here are guide questions (in Tagalog) as you examine your conscience in preparation for the confession.


After my confession and penance, I meditated on one of the mysteries of the rosary (for at least 15 minutes).  Thank you to Regina Angelorum Press that helped me do my meditation.  For today, it is the Crucifixion.

My takeaway for Saturday's homily by Fr. Paulo is when Job experienced the sufferings, he also asked God why.  Job also came up with the answers to his questions.  But we can learn from Job the following:

(W)ait -- patience
(H)ope -- Hold On, Problem Ends; Hold On, Pain Ends
(Y)ield

Also, pray the Act of Reparation for the first Saturdays of the month:

O Most Holy Virgin, and Our Mother, we listen with grief to the complaints of your Immaculate Heart surrounded with the thorns placed therein at every moment by the blasphemies and ingratitude of ungrateful humanity.  We are moved by the ardent desire of long you as Our Mother and of promising a true devotion to your Immaculate Heart.  We therefore kneel before you to manifest the sorrow we feel for the grievances that people cause you, and to atone buy our prayers and sacrifices for the offenses with which they return your love.  Obtain for them and for us the pardon of so many sins.  Hasten the conversion of sinners that they may love Jesus Christ and cease to offend the Lord, already so much offended.  Turn your eyes of mercy towards us, that we may love God with all our heart on earth and enjoy Him forever in heaven.  Amen.

Whether a Marian hymn was sung or not at the end of the Mass, I sing the Hail Mary or the Salve Regina.

After, I went to Greenbelt 5 to have my lunch at Italliani's.  

I walked my way to The Landmark Food Center to post this in my blog (using my new Chromebook LOL) so I would not forget the learning I got from the Saturday Mass' homily.

Proceeded to Glorietta to have an ice-blended drink at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Have to finish my drink at least one (1) hour before the anticipated Mass I will be attending  

Done, went back to Greenbelt Chapel for the Anticipated Mass.

The presider for the Anticipated Mass is Fr. Ronald.  The Gospel talks about divorce.  Which is fitting to what is happening in the Philippines where the divorce bill is being deliberated on.  I pray that these legislators are enlightened that divorce is not the solution but an escape.  It does not resolve the problem.  In fact, it would create more problems.  We really are in a spiritual warfare.  The devil is bent on destroying the family... the domestic church.

Before proceeding home, went to Bistro Ravioli to buy food-to-go.  Again, updating this blog using my Chromebook while waiting for my order.  Sorry, I just can't resist stating it.

Segue.

Supposedly, today would just be a check-up for Theo to see his improvement after the surgery.  He has to stay with the vet again for three (3) days for observation and medicine because he got hematoma. 😔

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home