Monday, November 22, 2010

Upper GI Endoscopy and Colonoscopy

Today, I would be doing the endoscopy and colonoscopy procedure as advised by my gastroenterologist.

Was at Makati Medical Center around 12 noon. Procedure started around 1:30PM. Woke up at the recovery room around 3PM. Left the Encology Unit around 3:30PM to go to my doctor to get the result of the procedure.

From the colonoscopy, she found one polyp. She removed it and will be observed for 3 to 4 days. Will go back again next week to check on the result. But according to her, usually if it is malignant, it immediately changes color. Mine didn't. Fingers crossed, everything is OK.

From the endoscopy, she did not find an H. Pylori virus. Although, from our last endoscopy, she already observed the chronic gastritis (?). There is also a reflux from my bile to the stomach. She gave me lots of medicines to take...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home