Wednesday, November 01, 2017

All Saints Day

The usual, left the house around 4AM (with Lyn and driver Edgar) to go to Manila Memorial Park to visit my Nanay's oldest sister, Mommy Cora, and her husband Uncle Terry.  Uncle Tommy also is buried at Manila Memorial Park but I don't know where it is.  What I remember is after the bridge, turn right.  That's it.  Thus, everytime we cross the bridge inside the Park while on the way home, just "greet" him from the car.


After a short prayer and sprinkled holy water on their tombs, left on the way to Sgt. Mariano Cemetery.  Stopped first at McDonald's along the way for a very early breakfast.


Spent some time there, waiting for the rain to stop and for a few rays of light (so that we don't need to use a flashlight while at Sgt. Mariano Cemetery.


There's a few inches of water infront of my Nanay's and Tatay's tomb.  Good thing we have an advance information about this; thus, was wearing rain boots.  Left the flower, prayed, sprinkled holy water on their tombs and lit some candles.  I am sure, after we leave, the candles will be gone/snatched.  Will be back again by 2PM.

As soon as I arrived home, slept.  Woke up around 11AM.  Had lunch and around 2PM, left again for Sgt. Mariano Cemetery.  This time, Nerry is with me.  My niece Camille was supposed to join; but, she begged off.

Jessie was already there.  Saw that the flowers I brought earlier for my parents were already placed on their tomb.  Said prayers, sprinkled holy water on their tombs and lit some candles.  Then, went to my Tatay's parents' tomb. Put flowers, lit candles, said prayers for them and sprinkled water on their tombs, too.

For pagpag, went to The Landmark.  Will have merienda at the department store's food court.  The reason I chose The Landmark for the pagpag, will buy a gift for my inaanak who happens to have her birthday today.  After our merienda, replaced the battery of my car's remote and also bought rain boots for Nerry (she was using Lyn's).  Then, proceeded home.

Around 6PM, we lit some candles at home.  This is for my "angels" dearly departed.  Also lit a candle for Nana and for Lily.  We prayed the rosary for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home