Sunday, November 01, 2020

All Saints Day

My usual activities during All Saints Day is to visit our dearly departed.  Wake up very early morning to go to Manila Memorial Park to visit my aunt and uncles, light a candle, pray for their souls and bless them with Holy Water.  My Nanay used to visit her sister when she was alive.

On the way to Sgt. Mariano Cemetery, we stop at McDonald's for a very early breakfast.  A short visit to my Nanay, Tatay, Lolo, Lola and uncles, lighting a candle, praying for their souls and blessing them with Holy Water.  Will be back with my nephew and nieces after lunch.

After lunch, we visit again our dearly departed at Sgt. Mariano Cemetery with my nephew and nieces, bringing with us flowers and candles.  After, we stop at Pancake House for our pagpag.

But because of the #COVID19 pandemic, the government closed the cemeteries from October 29 to November 4.  I already visited them last October 24.  Because of the requirements of schedule, number of people allowed and quarantine pass, I went alone (with the driver) without my nephew and nieces.

So today, lit a blessed candle for our dearly departed and prayed for their souls at home.

I guess the timing of the cemeteries being closed is just right as Super Typhoon Rolly (international name: Goni) will make a landfall in our country.  Signal number 5 has already been declared in areas in the typhoon's path.  Our area has been declared signal number 4.


This video was shared in one of my Viber groups.  It is taken from Xentro Mall in Albay, Bicol Region where signal 5 has been raised.

On the tail of Typhoon Rolly is Typhoon Siony (international name: Atsani).  It has entered our country's area of responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home