Saturday, October 24, 2020

Undas 2020 during COVID-19 Pandemic

During All Saints Day, I usually go to the cemetery to visit our dearly departed.  But with the #COVID19 pandemic, everything has changed.

To control the crowd, the different local government units issued the closure of the cemeteries on the week of All Saints Day and All Souls Day (undas).  They also limit the number of people allowed inside the cemeteries as well as the day of the week you are allowed to visit based on your residence.

I would have visited my aunt and uncles at Manila Memorial Park at Sucat, Paranaque, which my Nanay (+) usually do.  Unfortunately, was not able to get information on the schedule mandated by Paranaque City.  Would visit my Nanay, Tatay, Lolo, Lola and uncles at Sgt. Mariano Cemetery in Pasay City.  We can only visit on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Edgar, the driver, would pick me up at the condo around 5AM.  He will already be bringing the flowers I ordered for my parents.  I already bought the candles.  Good thing, even, if we were that early, the gates of the cemetery is already open.  And good thing, too, there are still no policemen at the gates.  This means, we can bring the car inside.

Lighted candles, sprinkled holy water and prayed for the souls of my parents and relatives.  When we left the cemetery, the police is still not there. 😊

Went to McDonald's to buy food to-go.  It will serve as "pagpag".  Normally, we would have eaten our very early breakfast at the fast-food store.  Nope.  Not with #COVID19.  Drive-thru would have  worked; but given the number of food I would be buying (my nieces already gave their "order"), it is better to stop and buy food-to-go instead.

Passed by StorageMart to keep in storage some items before proceeding home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home